The Third Shaolin Cultural Festival 2014 少林
Coming to London Soccer Dome this autumn, after its huge success in Berlin (2012) and Los Angeles (2013), the 3rd Shaolin Cultural Festival, combined with the Chinese Zodiac & Treasure Exhibition promises to bring people of all nations together in celebration of peace and wellbeing.
Events will include lectures on Zen, life and Shaolin practices, martial arts competitions and fighting skills presentations, an exhibition on Chinese culture and Chinese Zodiac, a meditation, medicine and tea & incense ceremony experience. It is a great opportunity for anyone interested in learning more about the Chinese culture and heritage, more specifically Shaolin.
The Venerable Grand Master himself, Shi Yongxin, Abbot of the Songshan Shaolin Temple is scheduled to open the festival and give his blessing to all the guests. The Shaolin monks hope to spread their simple philosophy: have kind thoughts, speak kind words and do good deeds to everyone. We would like to invite all to join this peaceful celebration of mind and body practice.
The Third Shaolin Cultural Festival 2014 details
Details for The Third Shaolin Cultural Festival 2014 on Sun 12th October 2014
Free to do at the festival, included in your ticket:
* Try out Kung Fu workshops, including traditional Shaolin Kung Fu, Qigong and Sanshou, as well as see other martial arts’ demonstrations.
* See the Chinese Zodiac and Cultural Treasures Exhibition, including ancient, rare sculptures and paintings.
* Meet the Abbot Shi Yongxin and other monks from Shaolin Temple China.
* Watch Shaolin Kung Fu and fighting competitions, with participating schools from all over Europe.
* Learn Chinese calligraphy and write your own name with the traditional ink brush.
* Experience Chinese tea tasting and try traditional Chinese tea making.
* Learn about tradition Chinese medicine, including massage, acupuncture, free consultation and talks.
* Watch and listen to traditional Chinese music performances.
* Free books about Chinese culture for you to take and read.
Special on Saturday:
* Opening ceremony and speech by Abbot, competing Kung Fu schools make their entrance.
Special on Sunday:
* Closing ceremony, with a spectacular performance by Shaolin monks from China.
Drittes Europa Shaolin Kulturfestival
The Third ‘European’ Shaolin Cultural Festival
My dear friend,
“The Third ‘European’ Shaolin Cultural Festival”, which is sponsored by China Songshan Shaolin Temple and Shaolin Association of North America and organized by UK Shaolin Cultural Center, will be held in London and Oxford from October 7 to 17, 2014. The festival consists of blessing prayer for world peace, Shaolin Kungfu Test in Europe, lecture on Shaolin Meditation, Medicine and Kungfu, exhibition on Shaolin Culture and 12 Zodiac Animals Cultural Relics, the dialogue between Chinese Buddhism and Christianity. At that time, teams from 25 member countries in Europe and thousands of Shaolin Chan and Kungfu enthusiasts from other countries in other continents will enjoy a happy get-together and share the wonderful festival.
Shaolin Associations are non-profit organizations founded by Shaolin enthusiasts in various countries. The first European Shaolin Cultural Festival” was held in Berlin and Vienna in September, 2012; the first North American Shaolin Cultural Festival was held in Harvard University, UN Headquarters, Los Angeles Convention Center in October, 2013. The festivals gained great support from local government and the society.
Shaolin Tempe is famous for its 1500-year cultural inheritance including Shaolin Chan, Kungfu and medicine. Shaolin Temple and Chan Buddhism, which are the achievement of civilization of Sino-foreign cultural exchanges, play an important role in China’s history of culture and history of religion and their influence covers Japan, Korea and even Europe and America. Shaolin Kungfu, which is the perfect integration of Chan Buddhism’s unique comprehension to life wisdom and the essential skills of Chinese martial arts, gives full expression to the supreme spiritual realm and cultural value of the “unity of Chan and martial arts” and the “unity of man and nature”. Shaolin Cultural Festival is aimed at opening a dharma-gate for people to understand and share the wisdom of Chan Buddhism and the heritage of Shaolin Kungfu.
I sincerely invite you to join us and wish you good health and good luck!
China Songshan Shaolin Temple
Abbot: Shi Yongxin
June 21, 2014"